Are you in need of a new roof system for your home in Chicagoland? You’re in the right place to get the job done. Since 2007, Horizon Restoration has been handling all types of roof replacement projects for our customers.
When it comes to replacing your roof system, choosing the right materials is one of the most important decisions you'll face. Here, we’re going to talk about our wood shake roof options, so you can decide if this classic roofing material is the right choice for your home.
About Our Natural Wood Shake Roofs
At Horizon Restoration, we offer a wide range of roofing options and materials for all our residential and commercial customers. Besides lending your home a warm, traditional look that will only look better with age, there are many impressive benefits of going with a wood shake roof installation, including:
- Natural Aesthetic: Wood shakes offer a beautiful, natural look, giving any home a rustic, timeworn aesthetic. However, even more modern homes look stunning with this type of roof system.
- Superior Insulation: Wood is a poor conductor of heat, which makes it one of the best materials in terms of insulation. With a wood shake roof, you can keep your home cooler during the hot summer months and warmer once the temperatures drop.
- Straightforward Maintenance: Wood shake roof maintenance is somewhat more labor-intensive than other types of roof repairs, since you have to keep an eye out for algae growth over time. That said, taking care of your wood shake roof will still be a breeze with the right roofing company on your side.
It's important to be aware that, in many ways, wood shake roofs are not as strong or easy to take care of as other more durable options, like slate. Even so, they are better than asphalt shingles in terms of wind resistance. If you want to learn more about the pros and cons of wood shake roofing, get in touch with our team!
Call Our Chicagoland Roofers to Schedule a Free Consultation Today
Our team at Horizon Restoration has over 20 years of experience designing and installing wood shake roof systems, which means you can count on us to make your upcoming roof installation a breeze. In addition to our wood shake roof installations, our roofing team can help with:
- Installing Slate Roofs
- Installing Roof Shingles
- Installing Low-Slope Roofs
- Roof Repairs and Replacements
Call us to learn all about our roofing services, so you can get started on your upcoming project. You can also take a moment now to fill out our online form and schedule a free consultation with our experts.